I’ve docummented the issues my Accurate Tuner Beta 1.0.0. has with Mango. Put simply, it does not work at all. After quite a lot of hours, I’ve finally managed to repair it!
Yes, it was more demanding than I expected, but all’s well that ends well. After some final testing I will publish the update, so it will be available in the marketplace in a few days. Also, I will publish my findings about the changed Microphone object behaviour in Mango on this blog.
Let’s comment on the video:
- Notice the Middle C on the Yamaha keyboard is marked as C3, while the tuner shows C4. It is correct – it really is C4 in the scientific notation, used by the Accurate Tuner (261.64 Hz).
- My left thumb is shaking… no, I’m not that old or terrified, just a little cold.🙂
- The fundamental frequency detection is not perfect. Different tone letters or octaves are flashing at times – this is typical for this hard-to-tune guitar with nylon strings I used for this video. Fortunatelly, it’s better with other instruments, including steel-string guitars. In fact, all these tones are harmonics of the base frequency, so do not really matter. All harmonics are in tune at the same time, so you can safely ignore letters and concentrate just on the needle and/or the wave.
- When you get accustomed to it (and use steel strings😉 ), you can tune your instrument extremely fast using the wave only.
- Accurate Tuner design is not Metro and not even beautiful, I know. But it works! Don’t take it for granted, smartphone tuners in general rather do not work well. ;-)